Before you apply to become our new Business Development Manager in the DACH region we’ll give you some info on Oper.
Well, we all know the general trends of digitalization, mobile and online. The industry of mortgages, car loans, and personal loans is no different.
With the rise of online lenders and FinTechs in the industry, the traditional players are put under pressure to keep up. Unfortunately, a lot of Lenders do not have the resources to open up their old legacy software and to enter the digital space.
With Oper, we are tackling this issue. We are providing Lenders a launchpad for online credit products. This, by offering them a set of building blocks with functionalities ranging from Know-Your-Customer (KYC), to decision-taking, to pricing and all the way up to signing the documents of the loan.
Our building blocks are fully modular and accessible through 1 single API. This means that Lenders can simply configure their own process, put their front-end on top and can start selling. Oper takes care of all the rest. Hence we are looking for a Business Development Manager for the DACH region.
Oper has offices in Zürich and Antwerp (Belgium). Yes, we are taking Europe by storm.
What are we looking for?
As a Business Development Manager DACH at Oper, you will focus on strategic sales with lenders throughout the DACH region (Germany, Austria, and Switzerland). You’ll identify and articulate how Oper can unlock significant value for our customers and truly transform the technology that powers their lending process. As one of the first members of the sales team at a growing startup, you’ll have the opportunity to help define our sales process, participate in strategic decisions and help develop the sales culture. Also, you’ll be a key influencer on the product roadmap for the years to come.
What will be your role?
- You’ll execute on all aspects of the sales experience while building and managing relationships with key decision-makers at various lenders.
- You’ll manage and run complex sales deals and guide customers through every aspect of the procurement process (including regulatory, information security and compliance) from initial contact to close.
- You’ll be the prospect for new clients, build and deliver product presentations, develop sales presentations and proposals.
- You’ll develop a deep understanding of the Oper product, the mortgage market, and our customers’ needs.
- You’ll be involved in the product strategy and roadmap to ensure that local clients get world-class experiences.
- You’ll identify partnerships with local best-in-class FinTechs, professional service firms and potential resellers.
- You’ll partner closely with the Product team to deliver a world-class customer experience and maximize revenue.
- 5+ years direct SaaS sales experience.
- Solid track record of negotiating, structuring and executing complex agreements.
- Consistent quota overachievement preferred.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams through deal processes.
- Strong ability to articulate contractual, technical, and financial value points to customers, including executive leaders.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with experience presenting to C-level executives.
- Excellent in German and English.
- Flexibility to travel up to 25%.
- Bonus: You have experience working in FinTech or Financial Services.
- Bonus: You have an understanding of the mortgage/consumer credit market.
We are a young organization, with a strong ambition to change things around.
Therefore, we offer an environment where you will be challenged tremendously and where you will work with high-level autonomy. This, because then you will be able to grow, which means our company as able to grow as well.
As we are a dynamic firm, we are flexible in terms of the way you want to work.
To get the best talent to join our team, we are fully aware that we need to offer the best working conditions. Hence our offer, both financially and personally, will match those of our targeted peers.